CureZone   Log On   Join
Need some comforting words here!

Infinitereform Views: 1,451
Published: 9 years ago

Need some comforting words here!

Hello,

I have been supplementing with Iodine for 2 month now. First started with 20mg pills, then moved into trapper's SSKI . I have been increasing at my own pace and I am up to 140mg now. I had a bad episode of fatigue and probably low BP last week after I took 100mg, so I followed trapper's suggestion and stopped one day, did salt load, etc. Next day felt better, but there has been a lingering symptom; a vey uncomfortable and weird eye pressure and discomfort. My eyes have been very read, irritated, i have been blinking a lot, and lately starring, since I passed 30mg.

Since two nights ago, I have noticed that my left pupil is larger that my right at dim light. When looking at bright light both pupils shrink the same, but in darker light the left doesn't expand as much as the right.

I have been reading, and reading. and of course due to paranoia, it all point to graves eye disease. I can't imagine anything worse than self-inducing some sort of eye problem, or even blindness. I can just die now!!!

Anyhow, I wanted to ask people here if in all honesty, leaving aside all that iodine/de has done for you, if you think that it can stimulate the thyroid to the point that I am showing signs of greaves hyperthyroidism, or if maybe my body could be just reacting negatively to it, causing some sort of autoimmune response?

Please let me know what you think. I now that ultimately the decision is mine, but it so hard to make an informed/clear decision here, when I am freaking out about damaging/scarring the muscles/nerves of my eyes in any way.

I have been taking along with the Iodine 2000mg of vitamin c, in the form of ascorbic acid and 200 -400 mg of selenium ( this i take at night). I take 1/4 tsp of salt in the morning and sometimes also at night and whenever else I feel like I need it during the day.

Trapper if you read this, please give me some encouragement to continue...

Thanks, IR

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.922 sec, (1)