CureZone   Log On   Join
Disappointed...just went to a supposed "iodine literate doctor"...

Free Clark DVD!
Order this free DVD that includes a testimonial by former State Repres...

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
DMgirl Views: 2,650
Published: 8 years ago

Disappointed...just went to a supposed "iodine literate doctor"...

So I've waited about a month to see this alternative doctor who was supposed to be knowledgeable about Iodine (found on breastcancerchoices.org). Quick background on my issues--I'm 30, was on the birth control pill for about 10 years, got off the pill May of 2012 and have suffered horrible facial acne, depression/irritability, irregular periods, and 12-15 lb. weight gain, even while eating very healthy (even raw vegan for a couple months). I haven't been able to lose the weight or fend off the acne. I do believe I have a hormone imbalance and I'm just waiting for the right time of the month to get testing done. I suspect I have insulin resistance/PCOS. My thyroid is at normal levels, but hypothyroidism runs in the family.

Anyway, I went to this doc to learn more about Iodine treatment and to make sure I was doing everything right and safely. Well, immediately, she says that megadosing on Iodine never has cured her patients of PCOS or other issues and a test to see if I am iodine deficient costs $200+. All she said was that a little bit of iodine is good for everyone. AND THAT WAS THE EXTENT OF WHAT SHE HAD TO SAY. I'm so mad/disappointed. I paid big money to see her because my insurance doesn't cover seeing an "alternative doc".

Here is what she recommended I take because I need to detoxify and this process can take up to a year. Then the weight will start coming off and skin clearing:

-Phosphatidylcholine
-Glutathione
-Trace Minerals
-A better multivitamin
-Cal-Mag Butyrate
-5 Methyltetrahyrofolic Acid

Anybody have experience with these? I'm following Grizz's method of titrating slowly, and I'm on my 4th week of iodine and am at around 2.5 mg/day currently. I don't plan on stopping the iodine. I'm hoping the iodine will balance my hormones and clear my skin. I hope by taking all these supplements together will expedite my weight loss, etc. But I guess I will be going through a pretty bad detox while being on all these together?

Just needed to vent a bit on my experience...I think this doc I just saw should be taken off that breastcancerchoices.org list. I plan to continue taking iodine until I work up to 50 mg, stay at that dosage a few months, and then go on a maintenance dose of 12.5 mg for life, unless you all tell me different?!

I'm very thankful for this forum. I've learned more about iodine usage here than any other site.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.656 sec, (2)