CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: LC with Sunflower Lecithin

davea0511 Views: 4,202
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,782,653

Re: LC with Sunflower Lecithin

Common asked Q, deserves an answer even if this message is old.

Liquid lecithin will in general *not* form the liposomes that you want because it uses an oil base for the liquid. The lipid layer that makes up the liposome walls is hydrophillic on the inside and outside of the liposome, but hydrophobic within the wall itself. What this means is that if you have excess oil in the mixture it will sit within this wall and too much will prevent the water based liposomes from forming in the first place - at least with any degree of efficiency. From my studies the maximum amount of oil you should have in a liposomal mixuture is 3%.

That said most mixtures and recipes and instructions that you see for this are created by people who haven't adequately researched the topic and are ineffective at creating useful liposomes. Lecithin and the fluids they do this will are good for you anyway so when they see a benefit they think they got it right. Personally I don't think it's been adequately proven that that makes a big difference, but it might.

The vitamin C foundation forum is fairly expert at this topic and reliable as well. I recommend going there to get more reliable answers than most any other open forum. Remember with free advice you get what you pay for and the liposome experts (big pharma) won't set things right. It's all proprietary.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.439 sec, (1)