CureZone   Log On   Join
Periodontal Disease

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
  Views: 11,839
Published: 9 years ago

Periodontal Disease

Hello,
I am new to the forum and have perio disease. I have a really complicated case. I am 25 yrs old, I have class iii malocclusion (underbite) and I was working with an ortho to get braces and prepare for surgery since surgery is the only way to correct it. I was then referred to a periodontist since he needed to give me the Ok for braces to be placed. But to my surprise I have advanced perio disease( 5-9 mm pockets) on all my teeth and I was told by my periodontist that I will be loosing my teeth if I did not start treatment. I had a deep cleaning done with my dental hygienists 4 months prior that appointment and periodontist insisted that I needed another deep cleaning done to track my healing, he mentioned it could be something related to my condition (underbite) or it could also be my immune system not fighting the infection properly but the thought of loosing my teeth scare me to death, (even if they are not straight, but its better than to be toothless). So I agreed to the deep cleaning and since my insurance covers deep cleaning only once every 2 yrs I had to pay $800 for all quadrants. I then schedule the appointment, which was almost a month away, and when I got home, I started to research like crazy on the topic. I then came across oil pulling and started the next morning since I had coconut oil at home at the time.
I also stopped using commercial toothpaste and started using a blend of essential oils (peppermint, cinnamon, spearmint, clove, myrrh and manuka) every day. I OP every morning with a few drops of wild oregano for 20 mins, then a scrape my tongue and rinse with warm salted water then I wait 20 mins b4 breakfast, then I brush and floss, I use a water pik at night and then brush.
When I came in 1st session of deep cleaning, I could feel a difference in my mouth and to be honest I think the dr was not able to take much plaque away since it was a quick 30 mins session, 2nd session was a week later and it was the same experience.

It has being a month already since my last session and I have continued with my dental routine, I have an appointment for measuring pockets again on Wednesday but I am concern that after the deep cleaning, I have small black triangle gaps in my upper front teeth that were not there before. I will be asking the dentist if this is normal? Has anyone had those before? And also if he gives me the ok for braces, which won't probably be until a few months, what are your thoughts on OP with braces, since I am concern with metal but on the other hand I have 5 mercury Amalgams and I still continue to OP,.... also I've heard that the elastic bands can double in size if you oil pull or parts can became loose....

Since I need to continue controlling perio while having braces, I am confused?????

Any thoughts???

After a period of 18 months of having braces I will be undergoing an extensive surgery on both upper and lower jaws to correct my under bite....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.594 sec, (2)