CureZone   Log On   Join
Quick Update - Cannot take Lugols anymore

DMgirl Views: 2,604
Published: 8 years ago

Quick Update - Cannot take Lugols anymore

Hey everyone. Found out what was causing my stomach irritation/blood in the stool. It wasn't magnesium or Vitamin C. It was Lugol's. So, unfortunately, I can't take liquid Lugol's anymore. What I'm taking is between 2-4 Iodoral per day (with food) and 2-3 drops of Trapper's SSKI .

I feel a lot better once stopping the Lugol's. I'm discovering that Probiotics are helping me a lot...I had given up dairy earlier this year and so my good bacteria was depleted. Adding some probiotics has helped lessen my constant bloated look in my midsection a bit. I may also have leaky gut (strongly suspect). So I started some L-glutamine powder and going to learn how to make my own Kefir soon. Also taking digestive enzymes when I need to, but cut out the Betaine for now. I hear bone broth also helps.

I still have the Acne after 3 months on iodine...but I've had that for a long time...perhaps once my gut is cleaned up that will clear up. So my only guesses are that it's leaky gut and possibly candida that are the culprits. I'm saddened that I cannot take Lugol's, as it's cheaper, but oh well.

I'm still having heart palpitations...especially upon waking. I don't know what to do for this since I consume plenty of Redmonds real salt and am taking the rest of the companion nutrients. Maybe I have some other deficiency...
Gee, trying to figure all of this out has been some journey...

I did read that Selenemethionine is not absorbed/converted well in some individuals on the Facebook Iodine board. Stephanie Buist mentioned this on the Facebook Iodine page. Confused because most on this board recommend the Selenemethionine kind...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.375 sec, (1)