CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Pregnancy and Iodine, would appreciate a quick response

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
Bryan67 Views: 6,621
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,918,453

Re: Pregnancy and Iodine, would appreciate a quick response

Hello,
My wife is about 5 weeks pregnant; she has been taking 4-7 drops of Detoxadine brand Nascent Iodine (2,634 mcg per 3 drops) for about 4 months. She also had a goiter 10 years ago and her thyroid was removed; taking different levels of Levothyroxine over that time.

Her Levothyroxine was recently increased from 88 mcg to 100 mcg because of her recent pregnancy. Her blood will be rechecked in a month because her healthcare professional said her thyroid level should be around 2.2 to 2.5 during pregnancy, and she is currently at a level of 7.08. She was told that her thyroid level was ELEVATED and that this increased dosage of Levothyroxine should bring it down to the 2.2 to 2.5 range in 6 weeks or so.

My question: Will her continued use of nascent Iodine (4-7 drops daily) continue to elevate her thyroid levels, having negative repercussions on the fetus? Or will it only help over time? Her body was in an iodinated environment for about 4 months before she became pregnant, btw, so I'm assuming nascent Iodine helped with her fertility even with her thyroid issues. (((BTW, this healthcare professional told me that if one's thyroid levels are ELEVATED, it means that one's thyroid is NOT producing sufficient levels of the thyroid hormone; it's an inverted relationship --- ELEVATED levels means thyroid is NOT producing enough of this hormone. I'm GUESSING that this dosage of nascent iodine would be safe since it's only helping to produce more of the thyroid hormone, but am not positive.

I understand you cannot dispense with dosage instructions in this format. But any advice or feedback from a medical professional, or even someone with a similar experience, would be greatly appreciated. All the more so as my wife & I want to have a healthy baby.

Kind Regards,

Bryan

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.563 sec, (1)