CureZone   Log On   Join
Need Help Healing Graves Disease

NaturalRN Views: 3,946
Published: 7 years ago

Need Help Healing Graves Disease

I was just diagnosed with Graves Disease, which is an autoimmune condition where the body attacks your thyroid gland, causing it to produce too much thyroid hormone.  My symptoms include a heart rate of 100-130, increased warmth/sweating, feeling jittery/nervous, slight trembling, increased BM frequency, occassional difficulty sleeping, minor weight loss, and some feet and ankle swelling.

My history includes adrenal fatigue, which I treated successfully in the past with ashwagandha.  I'm sure my adrenals are not yet functioning at 100%.  I had an episode of water intoxication in May 2012.  In the recent past I have had severe psychological stress, which I believe is the biggest contributing factor to this condition for me personally.  I was on Klonopin for about a year and a half total, with the last dose taken in October 2013.  I was on the herb Kanna from August 2013 to January 7, 2014.

Since this diagnosis I have started eating vegetarian, with some cooked food. I have heard that gluten can be a contributor for some people to this autoimmune condition, so I am also trying to exclude that.  I am drinking a quart of fresh juice per day. I have started doing a colon cleanse with IF #1 and IF #2.  I also plan to do kindney and liver cleansing.  I am taking Super Food, Maca, Echinacea tincture, Hawthorne tincture, Acerola Cherry powder, Natural Vitality Calm Magnesium, and Garden of Life Raw B-Complex.  I have ordered some herbs which I will start using as soon as they arrive: lemon balm, bugleweed, licorice, slippery elm, capsules of mullein / lobelia, and an ointment containing mullein / lobelia (which I will put directly over my thyroid).  I walk 5 miles per day.

This condition can contribute to heart problems because the excess thyroid hormone overworks your heart.  I'm sure that's why I ended up with swelling in my feet.  So that part is a little scary for me.  The doctor wanted me to start taking a beta blocker, which I refused.  Currently the doctor wants me to either take Radioactive Iodine or Methinazole, which we all know is only going to cover up symptoms, destroy my thyroid, and not get to the root cause of the problem.  This is an immune system problem more than it is a thyroid problem.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.859 sec, (2)