CureZone   Log On   Join
ciclopirox combination may hinder results

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
ryan34 Views: 1,512
Published: 7 years ago

ciclopirox combination may hinder results

I was recently picked up a prescription for Loprox (ciclopirox) .77% since I have never really ruled out yeast infection, I was on and off of Nystatin several times but never a documented consistent trial like what I do now. My documentation is not so useful now but IF i am cured one day I assume it will be helpful to others

my questions are: will i still experience the effectiveness if I am using a moisturizer (namely epiceram) throughout the day while using ciclopirox morning and night?

My oral pathologist suggests ONLY using the ciclopirox on order to effectively rule out yeast type infection, but that will leave me very uncomfortable and I am not sure I can handle it. my doctor's main point was that the presence of a barrier can "encourage" yeast presence - if (and I really hope to some degree, at least, that) yeast is a contributing factor to my ec, then i can kill it and continue with "moist healing treatment"

Can a yeast infection be present for so long without just healing itself?

I am 99.99% yeast is not the cause of my ec, maybe an initial contributing trigger but surely not a cause. I think a somewhat likely scenario is that i may have developed a slight yeast infection after several years of having ec, and that could explain why I have been experiencing increased irritation/inflammation lately. I hope so at least

Anyway, my condition has been worsening unfortunately. The peeling area has spread a bit which it has not done in the 3 years I've had this condition

My game plan - in the summer I plan to:
1. leave my lips absolutely alone
2. maintain an extremely healthy lifestyle
3. get lots of sun
4. after about 1-2 months I am going to introduce Triamcinolone acetonide 1x daily for a bit
5. restart my attempt at moist healing

this plan makes the most sense for me because 2 years ago when I left my lips completely alone for 2 months, my lips built up layers that I did not have before and I no loner have not (due to a slow accumulation in messing up while removing buildip). after that summer when my lips would peel it would look healthy underneath, the buildup was less and cycle was much longer. my goal is to get back to that point and then begin daniel miller's exact routine. I feel that at this stage my lips just cant begin really healing with a moist environment because the crusts cannot remain attached enough. I've lost too many layers.

This condition is either upward spiral or a downward spiral. I think this initial faze is crucial for people like me who have just educed so much trauma to the lips over the years that just need to "relax" so to speak and remain buried under a thick barrier for at least month or two, and then they can be assisted by a barrier ointment. just my opinion bases on experience

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.563 sec, (2)