CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anyone try any of these natural alternatives...What are they????

Views: 10,350
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 22,086

Re: Anyone try any of these natural alternatives...What are they????

Each product has their own formula, some use herbs in combination, but basically they are forumulas that use several amino acids combined with b vitamins, and other nutrients to help raise levels of neurotransmitters. For example B'Calmed has the ingredients

Calcium
6% USRDA

Magnesium 6% USRDA

Vitamin B6 50% USRDA

Folic Acid 12% USRDA

d/l-Phenylalanine USRDA not established

l-Glutamine USRDA not established

5-HTP
USRDA not established

Amino acids:
DL-Phenylalanine 300 mg *
L-Glutamine 150 mg *

Though this particular product's selling point is that it is helpful for people with ADD or ADHD.

Welatonin™ claims a three month back guarantee and they claim it helps with depression:

Naringen, B-12, Rosea, Rhodiola, Initol Hexonicotinate, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, Macuna Puriens, Damiana, Chinese
Red Ginseng Root, Astragalus Root, Cayenne Fruit, Echinacea Whole Plant, Fo Ti Root, Guarana Seed, Panax Ginseng Root & Extract and Siberian Ginseng Root. combine to create a nutritional breakthrough that will boost your energy and vitality and help you say goodbye, once and for all, to depression.

I think Adapton is an herb for chronic stress-induced anxiety, fatigue, or Depression symptoms...

Clarocet has 150mg St. Johns Wort, 5 HTP, Kava Kava and other herbs and is sold as a natural antidepressant.

I could go on but you get the idea...just type in the names in google if you want more info..I am familiar with some of these amino acids but that is about it. I have heard certain things about the seperate ingredients, but never about these particular combinations. [is the jury still out on Kava Kava? Heard that could cause liver damage but probably under extreme conditions]
Other than that, I think the rest of the ingredients are fairly safe, as far as we know anyway. I have contacted the people who make Neropa and Seratona and they claim that the combination of their ingredients creates a better delievery for 5HTP...I will continue my research and if anyone else has heard anything, please let me know.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.391 sec, (1)