CureZone   Log On   Join
electrolyte balancing

pamshoes Views: 814
Published: 6 years ago

electrolyte balancing

I'd like some feedback or advice on determining how much potassium to take and this is the best place to ask! I have been on the Iodine protocol for 3 years. I have low adrenal function (probably early stage 3, waiting for my endocrinologist appt) and low aldosterone. I make 3 bathroom trips on average each night. Am trying to reduce that. I add 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt to my morning green smoothie and some goat mineral whey as well which contains approx. 600 mgs potassium in the quantity I use. I'm taking 3 mg boron and 400 mg magnesium citrate. I am liberal with salt use in meals. My blood pressure remains around 110/70. In the afternoon, I started popping 500 mg worth of potassium citrate or gluconate a couple weeks ago when I start getting restless legs mid-afternoon. I think the restless legs may be due to higher methylation (I'm taking 500 mg methylfolate for MTHFR) but I don't know. Last few days I've had very strong salt cravings. I'm wondering if I need to cut back on potassium? Or just eat more salt? How do I know how much supplemental potassium I need? I weigh 160. Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.266 sec, (1)