thanks for the response, and while your explanation is very logical and true, i would like to argue that while walking on sand doesn't slice and dice your feet, over time it does damage the skin on your feet. First it would serve as an exfoliator and then rub more off until your feet are skinned.
i admit it was my fault for overdosing on DE, but it is NOT harmless, as most people online claim it to be. I overdosed sometimes taking 1/2 cup of diatomacous earth (lower doses were not working for me), so that could be why. If i didn't have parasites, this would be okay. But if you have parasites, it would cause leaky gut and the worms would scatter all over your body! It really shouldn't used as a dewormer for this reason.