CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: New Approach Maybe?

Lily23 Views: 1,094
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,247,955

Re: New Approach Maybe?

Hi Ned I do understand what you say and it is something I too have considered its like we are over protective of our lips almost to ridiculous
levels but that's because we know from experience what works and what doesn't. I,ve had this for over 30 years since I was 12 and when I acted normal and ate like everyone else hoping it might go away those were my leper days, because if I drank tea from a cup they,d go white.. etc. This is a behavioural changing condition! Later when I learnt to actually drink in a social situation without getting them too wet (choose a thin rimmed cup!) this by my 20,s onwards,By keeping them away from water and keeping them moist with almond oil or olive oil and by discovering that Noxema antibacterial cleanser dabbed lighly on them first enables me to live as comfortably as can be with this lip thing so that they peel now every 15 days. A dinner out with friends, wine, etc can set me back to a day 7 cycle of peeling. I am not yet savvy with taking pictures of my lips, my lips are fine except by day 14, 15 16 they get paler and tighter needing to shed, and they look like very chapped lips, thanks to this website I have diagnosed myself where the skin hospital couldn't Ive got infection yeast/bacterial overgrowth and I noticed that from the time I started to use Noxema last year and experimented with them on my lips, strangely my lips do no go white in water until my appointed time of day 14, 15 or 16. So we can say I feel like a leper 2 days out of 28 days and I am grateful no one knows I have this except my immediate family and even now know one bothers, But my life living with this is trying to maintain a normal life as possible, example if I want to go swimming I will go on day 1 or 2 cos nothing to peel, you learn to cope as sensibly as possible with it. Bottom line is you can act as
normal as you want but if you have yeast/fungal/bacterial infection it wont go away
that easily that's why docs put this in the exczema category i.e causes unknown, for myself I am grateful that I have found a way to live with it, and am trying to heal my gut,etc frankly I never thought I would reach a day 16 period of cyclic peeling and was certain I was going to die of this the point is because I can control I don't really care too much, its still a pain if I am out and I have to carefully choose the less lip damaging option as regards food and drink, people without this e.c. that is a reality they have no conception of.

By the way guys, having told you all about my e.c. my brother a smoker fast food eater etc. has discovered he has Psoriasis so this autoimmune problem can run in families, he hasn't heard of curezone nor is he interested YET! I wstched him smother himself with various creams...he thinks I am a hypochrondriac ..I don't think he realises yet what has recently hit him, watching him scratch and itch I realise I am blessed in comparison, folks it could be worse.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

1.531 sec, (2)