This is my first post to CUREZONE and let me tell you, I am excited to get started!! I heard about this site yesterday and just had to join. Thank you to the people who began this site, it is everything I have been looking forr.
I have an issue that I desperately need help with. My husband and I went to Oregon and hiked, getting into poison oak. He has had a HORRIBLE time his whole live with reacting to poison oak and almost died when he was a teenager from using prednazone cream and overdosing, which lead him to have another breakout along with chicken pox/small pox FOR OVER 2 MONTHS. He almost died and is very scarred from the experience, so I know that this outbreak is really bothering him more than it would if, say, I had it. Luckily I have never gotten it (I better knock on wood) but he is now on ROUND 2 of his reaction from this trip. I realized my mistakes in keeping him from having another breakout and am inwardly smacking my head like "WHYYYYYYYY didn't you do all these things!!!! aaaagh!". My question IS NOT about how to clean off the oils, or how to get the itching to stop. If you don't know how to do that please say so in comments and I will happily let you know the ways that I have learned to get rid of the urushiol oil in the past couple of days! (all about friction, my friends.) if you haven't heard of it yet, I came onto this forum today and saw a thread telling people to order some Mountain Mud botanicals: Poison oak rescue, and that seems to be exactly what I have been looking for to help him quickly relieve itching and heal. Who knew the manzanita tree was able to help?? not this girl, atleast not until today. I am excited and impatient for the mud to get here so I can see for myself how it works.
ok so, sorry for rambling..MY QUESTION IS: He has broken out now for the second time and it KEEPS SPREADING like wildfire. Everyday there are more and more bumps. This is scaring us, it almost looks as if he has small pox (he doesn't, I checked what that would look like) simply becuase of the amount of skin covered by these new bumps. His glands in his neck are swollen and very painful, so I know his body is trying hard to fight it. How can I stop the allergic reaction and spreading, from the INSIDE? I am doing all I can for itch relief: bentonite clay, salt, essential oils, baking soda, oatmeal, aloe, coconut oil...now the mounain mud which should hopefully be here in the next few days. (Lord willing..my poor hubby!!)
BUT Is there a specific honey, tea mixture, pollen, foods, ANYTHING that will help him stop reacting to the oils?? Do I need to up levels of zinc in his system or anything like that?
we are not the kind to take medication and OTC pills, unless it is life or death. We both have had bad reactions to medications and don't like feeling doped up and numbed. We want to heal from the inside out. I am worried that if I take him to a doctor he will have a bad reaction from any steriod based "remedy" the doctors want to give him, because of the overdose on prednazone cream when he was younger. We know that sometimes it is more important to just go get it taken care of but we are really trying to not rely on the chemicals and stick to what God gave us. Infact, my hubby didn't even take a pain killler when breaking his foot in 2013, but he was searching for benadryl and cortisone cream within the first week of having this poison oak. I can only imagine his pain and mental agony if he can't even handle this!