CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: heal poison oak/icy/sumac from the inside out?

onelovehealing Views: 842
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,256,494

Re: heal poison oak/icy/sumac from the inside out?

thank you for your response! I realize I am scattered in the post, apologies.

I don't think it is his iron levels, because my iron is VERY low and I have never gotten a reaction from the oils. But eh, I don't know.  I was naming zinc because of a feeling I had that it was something to be lacking internally that was making it so the rash wasn't being fought off or brought it back. Maybe I was sort of on the right track, and like you said, I need to clean up his blood. 

His glands are not swollen to the point of an inability to breathe, so no ER, they are just swollen and painful. We did get benadryl when the first round was bad and his glands were swollen. He said it didn't help the glands and kinda helped the itching. But he has stopped taking it and stopped using the OTC creams we got 3 days ago. 

We think the second reaction (which looks like hives as well as poison oak) was due to the benadryl and technu. I think because he has not taking any medications in 5 years, that his body is fighting them and the rash. I am inclined to agree that it's is having trouble healing because he is not healthy himself. 

I have not gotten the mountain mud botanicals in the mail yet but, when I do use bentonite clay directly on his rash I definitely let it dry up. 
I found this homemade calamine lotion recipe when his rash first began: 

http://everydayroots.com/homemade-calamine-lotion 

and it helped dry the first round of it up quickly but there was little itch relief.
Now there is a lot more area to cover and I feel like just using a mud isn't going to do ANYTHING that is long lasting. Even this mountain mud botanicals may have been a waste..but we will see when it gets here.

I have been using epsom salts, sea salt and lavender essential oil with oatmeal, baking soda and bentonite clay in a bath and it  soothes his itching, even though there is no long term effects, like taking it away or no itching afterward. He has not complained about any of the ingredients hurting at all and I have not put baking soda, salt or essential oil directly on the rash, by themselves.

I find it very interesting that mud in my backyard will do the same for him also.  I am wondering if the chemicals that were sprayed on the ground before I moved in will have an adverse effect because the soil is not 100% clean?

My main question was about fighting the poison oak internally, I see how my question was  sort of geared in the wrong direction. I MUST look at a MUCH bigger picture here. Not just fighting a reaction to an oil, but fixing the overall health of the body fighting it. 

Thank you so much for your thorough response and book recommendations! You helped me to change my perspective on what to do, I am grateful! I would email you all of this but don't want to disclose my personal email. Maybe I will get another one started for these types of reasons :) 

ONELOVEHEALING

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.391 sec, (2)