CureZone   Log On   Join
need info on healthy bland low fiber foods

knowledge seeker Views: 606
Published: 5 years ago

need info on healthy bland low fiber foods

Brother had emergency removal of ruptured appendix, and about 2 inches total of his small intestine and colon.

I want him to heal well as he is my caretaker and lifts heavy wheelchair and produce I am taking for my cancer once he is back to being able to life to increase his odds it will heal well and not impair his lifting ability as i am almost completely dependent on him to take me where I need to go.

I was going to emphasis he eat a very healthy Diet to speed and help his recovery.

I was hoping I could make this a wakeup call to motivate him to eat better but now he will just be continuing to eat crap while healing.

One nurse sad he could eat fruits, veggies, and whole grains except for high fiber bars but when I talked to his office, the girl answering the phone said, when asked, he should be on a bland, low fiber diet till he sees the dr in 3 or 4 weeks and is told otherwise.

the discharge paper said nothing about diet. Should I even say anything and just let him eat what he wants. encourage him to eat produce, whole grains and the diet one nurse said with little restriction, or the bland low fiber ot help avoid any complications. I am thinking the last one as i dont want him getting worst and then not healing..I could see doing bland a few weeks but a month and then what --what if doctor tells him to stay on that,..I will never be able to convince him to eat healthy foods if doctor says that so wondering if should say anything at all as I am sure noone will think to ask at the followup. Would you say anything to him or just let what happens happen.

In looking up the bland, low fiber diet, it said to eat no raw food or whole grains and most of it seemed very unhealthy..things like canned produce and while rice and bread etc..

How is her supposed to heal on this?

Can anyone offer suggestions on things that fit into the bland low fiber diet that are healthy.

I would so appreciate it...this diet pretty much falls in with the kind of diet he usually eats unfortunately, a lot of meat and junk type foods like candy and chips. II heard him give his grocery list to a brother before the surgery turned out to be also extensive and he thought he would be going home and I was shocked..all crap not one healthy item out of the 25 items he listed.

I did read he could have lettuce in moderation and bananas..what else?

My future depends on him getting well and completely healed as I have noone else to help me and can scarcely walk with a lot of difficulty a car length or so.

I have been trying to get him to eat healthier and he had been eating more salads and vegan food when we were out. I feel lack of fiber lead at least in part to his appendix problems.

since one nurse said one thing and one another should I even tell him what they said..why does one say anything ok and the other says this.

I want him to not have complications so thinking maybe he should eat the bland low fiber things for now at least but worry about his healing on such a crappy diet..are there any suggestions for the healthiest bland diet he can do.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.281 sec, (2)