It could just be dead parasites clogging your ears. My Mom could not hear a thing....her doctor looked and said her ears looked fine. Two weeks later she went to urgent care clinic, they used a motorized thing to suction the wax out of her ears....she said she was so embarrassing, it was like a lb of wax. Of course that was probably an exaggeration, but it apparently was a lot, and her hearing was fine after that.
I read somewhere that ear wax is a sign of pathogens/parasites. I didn't know about all this at the time, but looking back, she always had bowel and stomach issues, so I am sure she had parasites. Not sure if this was when she was taking chemo, but may have been.