CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Take it easy!

CatVersusRoomba Views: 2,976
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,271,897

Re: Take it easy!

I have to do the plant fats in moderation, like very very little. I do 2 ounces 2x a day. So I'll have a tablespoon or so of walnuts with my breakfast beans and oats, and I'll use 2 ounces of avocado or guacamole mixed with salsa as a salad dressing. I have to go easy on it because they are so calorie dense.

Jeff Novick has a good DVD on fats v. oils and how much we need. All plant foods contain some fat, enough to enhance vitamin uptake, at least that is what the plant based doctors say. There's no need to add any, but to boost omega-3 I do the bare minimum.

The other thing a plant based (whole foods) diet does is provide the correct ratio of o6 to o3. I can't remember the ratio but Novick reported that if all you eat is veggies, fruits, beans, and grains, o6/o3 will be taken care of in correct ratios.

I have heart disease and hypertension in my family so I have to stay away from animals and oils. I can't go near them!

ETA: There might be a YouTube on this, try "Jeff Novick fats and oils" or any Jeff Novick video on calorie density - he's pretty much the guy I follow except for down-serving on grains, I follow Bright Lines Eating.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.531 sec, (1)