A few types of mold are highly toxic. Mold is everywhere. It's a type of fungus that grows from tiny spores that float in the air.If you have an allergic reaction to mold or a heavy infestation inside your home, call in a pro to analyze the type. If you are to remove the molds, wear old clothes and shoes that you can launder or throw away after the cleanup work.The key to stopping most mold is to control dampness. Use dehumidifier preferably desiccant ones like delonghi or ionmax. The worst infestations usually occur in damp crawlspaces, in attics and walls where water has leaked in from the outside, and in basements with poor foundation drainage.