1. Put half cm (3 milliltres) of granules of Epsom Salts into an eggcup,or shot glass, or a small bowl used for eyebaths.
2. Add warm water and fill almost to the top of the container holding the Epsom Salt granules.
3.Can brush lips very lightly with a soft toothbrush, to remove excess dead skin or crusts, crusts harbour a hiding place for the bacteria and fungus to thrive.
Can substitute a damp Q tip to remove any excess dead skin if you prefer.
4. Soak the lips in the solution. They will go white for the first 2 weeks that is because the saline solution is showing up the infection as it starts to work.
Do not attempt to manually peel the lips, the natural exfoliative properties of the Epsom Salt will start to remove the fungus from the lips, including from beneath the skin where it festers. The lips should peel off the diseased skin by themselves,accoording to how they are responding to the saline soaks.
You can wipe away any extra dead skin with a damp Q tip if you wish.
5. Soak for minimum of 25 to 30 minutes in the evenining, this is the optimum amount of time needed to effect the cure adequately, also (because buildup of bacterial and fungal growth usually escallates in the night time, when especially we are sleeping). When done with the soak, put some coconut oil on the lips. The coconut oil being antifungal and antibacterial, will provide moisture and act as natural barrier on the skin in order to allow the skin of the lips to heal, it will also counteract any of the possible drying effects of the salt. Note
the saline solution to your lips should be as gentle as uterine water.
6. Doing the above protocol each day will promote softer lips as the fungus, and bacterial pathogens are flushed out of the triple layers of the skins epidermal and all other sub dermal layers, as well as restoring the natural ph of your lips to a grade of 5, this ph being found to be most consistantly associated, with healthy skin.
7. Do the soak for at least 30 days,as the nomal cycle of the skin is 28 days,and for the turnover of new cell activity to become apparent.
8. Following the protocol correctly will show some improvement by week 2, as the soak clears the diseased skin and allows for the healthy skin to start to show. The healthy skin at first will show white after the soak but importantly, but by week 2 it will not peel, and will return back to a pink normal colour as the skin dries.
After 30 days, you may for oral hygeine, gargle, or swish with a quarter of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda with a quarter of a teaspoon of Epsom Salts in a tall tumbler glass of water.
To restore the acid mantle of your lips, you may wipe them with a slice of lemon in a singular action, or just continue with the coconut oil which is ph neutral and will restore the healthy barrier of you lips over a period of time.
This being a fungal condition, you may need to maintain the soaking for at least 5 minutes in the morning and again another 5 minutes the evening until you are ready to taper off the cure. You will find what works best for your condition.
Do use a straw for keeping the lips dry until the 30 days are up, but do not be too stressed if they do get wet, because the saline solution will be clearing away the disease and the causes of the infection anyway.
The above protocal would probably work for athletes foot, or nail fungus, or other fungal condition.