CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Starting a water fast tomorrow December 5th,2016...Need support

Views: 892
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,346,144

Re: Starting a water fast tomorrow December 5th,2016...Need support

WFWG, Darling, you did well to do 1.5-2 days. Now you have a new goal to work towards... maybe next time you can go longer.

I guess this is a really good lesson for you:
Fasting is not just physical food. It is also spiritual and emotional (even for people who aren't particularly religious, and who don't have any particular emotional issues -if such a person exists!)

As I said before the key to fasting is absolute planning. This will help you to achieve your goals.

You seem like an absolute sweetheart who is very very social - which is so lovely... but the fast - most people, especially beginners benefit the best from some solo alone time or with people who know them really really well - who are able to understand, give space and just care. Like a mother, parent, partner, or sometimes an older attentive child (but usually with younger children one's patience will be tested!)...

This usually means a lot of quiet time out at home resting. If one is going to and fro in and out, it will usually stress the body. Think of a fast as like a rehab from food. You just need to lay up and rest... Lounge, mooch, relax, and stay at home in your pjs or yoga gear and just laze around literally and let your body rest and heal.

If you are around friends, or high energy, high demand situation you are going to unknowingly stress your body. Even just going for a drive will stress you. You need to really plan out a few days of nothing except doing some reading, or something like sorting out your iTunes or something of a similar lame nature. You just need to take it easy and rest.

You need to give that time to YOU. This is YOUR time that YOU and HEALING YOUR BODY... no one else is needed, and no one else can do that for you, except you. Some of the fasting experts even subscribe to no physical intimacy during the fast as it can stress the body. Thats a personal choice. Its really up to the individual and you NEED to listen to the body.... but if are very active in that department over a fast, expect things to get more difficult, and it will test your patience much more, and drain the body as it is in a complete rest phase. Pardon me, and I am not making any assumptions about you personally, but I say this as an example for illustrative purposes only to demonstrate and emphasis how important complete rest is. Some very experienced fasters can operate under normal circumstances with work commitments etc, but you are really only getting diminished return on the fast.

I have done a 10 day Water Fast in bed, like a sick person... and a 29.5 day Water Fast not in bed, walking around like a dead corps. I benefitted 100TIMES more from the shorter fast laying in bed colouring in my madalas, and requesting my needs from my bed, only getting up to go to the bathroom, and isolating myself from anyone who wasn't bringing me something (phone/water/heater/hotwaterbottle)... Other than that I hid from the world....

I think give it a nice good amount of time... a week, a few days, or even a fortnight or more, then set a goal of a 3-4 day fast at a time where you can be in peace and quiet snuggled up, with maybe a support person at your beck and call to give you your needs.

Plan it that way and you will most likely be more successful.... plan a lovely, slow graduated breaking of the fast on raw fruit and veg, and you will really benefit..

xXxX PH

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.687 sec, (2)