CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Starting a water fast tomorrow December 5th,2016...Need support

Views: 837
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,346,304

Re: Starting a water fast tomorrow December 5th,2016...Need support

WFWG, you are so right. Aim for the stars dear and you will reach the moon!

No I wasn't always this healthy. I have always loved healthy food, but I liked junk food too once upon a time... but eating junk with healthy food along side still does the body so much damage.

I aways ate wholesome foods and preferred home cooking. I did go through a phase as a pre-teen when I was only able to eat takeout. It was sad for me and I craved real fruit and vegetables. So when I was married at 19, I started to cook for myself. Mainly lots of healthy traditional meals, always having huge monstrous salads, and lots of meals incorporating vegetables and greens, fruits and nuts... But I was still eating processed foods, and naughty junk food. I divorced and was at uni where I would hardly eat. I would have white vienna sourdough bread, chocolate, redbull, coffee, nachos and mi-gorang instant noodles, in my apartment... And I would spend a majority of my time out at restaurants with friend or eating sushi. So my diet was terrible.... Thats if I was even bothered to even eat. I was just a machine smashing out assignments at uni, so I lived on the biggest coffees one could imagine, I took caffeine pills, and I would need a redbull after my coffee. I was constantly on caffeine high and slept never.

I remarried 7 years ago. I had already started to become more practicing in my religion and was wanting to fix all the damage my body had been put through. Caffeine had caused me some serious issues, along with all the Mono-Sodium-Glutamat (Natrium Glutamat) and chemicals I had been consuming. ONTOP of all the stress from my previous divorce and uni deadlines... I was ill..I had an issue with my ovaries call PCOS...

But my hub was into health (spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, religious) and knew so much. So when we were married I just let him look after me. At first he just let me eat what I liked and got me whatever I wanted, but slowly slowly he taught me more about food and nutrition and over time, he switched my diet to things that are better. Eating better made me want to be better in my religion so I started to alternate day fast as a spiritual practice, but It benefitted my health a lot too. Every so often we'd just decide not to eat/or buy something anymore... for e.g. like ok now we aren't going to eat nachos, ok, now we will do raw organic dairy.

If my hub had done it all at once it would have been too hard for me (even though I am pretty determined,myself), but because he has a good approach and was kind, gentile and cared for me, he took it easy and taught me why eating certain things was bad. I educated myself and was constantly researching health and wellness full-time.
Sometimes he's just tell me to look something up and I would find out about it and I would tell him to never get it for me again.

I took about 2 years to be completely clean and eating all organic. But I had to change my whole attitude to eating. So I guess I have been eating clean for 5 years, but it was being phased in over the last 7. Im more educated in how to be healthy and I actively research and sometimes I find out new things I tell my hub and we start implementing it together. you never stop learning.

But it took me having symptoms back in 2009 when was at uni, to realise that what I was eating was hurting my body. Don't wait until you have a health issue to change. do it right away and take your time. I'm 30 now and Im fit and active, but we aren't invincible and we need to take care of our bodies... we only get one!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.688 sec, (2)