CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: thinking of quiting - day 4 and still SO HUNGRY

FunnyBoy Views: 1,447
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 235,135

Re: thinking of quiting - day 4 and still SO HUNGRY

Don't quit yet. It's very natural to go through detox symptoms, as I'm sure you're aware, and they will likely be most prominent during the first few days. I immediately noticed on the first day that my sense of smell was heightened and smelling food everywhere made me even hungrier.

You're on day 5 (or 6 now?) I'm guessing that the worst is mostly gone, though I certainly can't predict your body's response. I had originally hoped to do 10 days. It had been nearly 20 years since I did such a long fast. In recent years the longest I did was about 3 days and that was rare. Recently I couldn't seem to get up the discipline to stay on a fast for a single day.

You've done 5 days and it's your first one! Start with congratulating yourself on that alone!

I will suggest something that may or may not apply. Years ago I was eating a lot of white flour, in semolina bread - a loaf a day - LOTS of pasta, etc. I decised to rrey giving up wheat. I don't even remember why but I was realizing that I had certain sensitivities to food and wheat is the most common food allergen. Well, about 4 days into a wheat-free diet (not even fasting, mind you) I was thoroughly depressed feeling nearly flu-like. But after that I felt a surge of energy that was terrific. Though I've continued to eat wheat it's been very rare that I do.

You may be having that kind of reaction, either to having no white flour products yourself or from withdrawal from anything else.

Although I had detox symptoms for a while on this fast, at several periods, the hunger did go away fairly early. After that I mostly had to wrestle with thoughts of food and missing certain things - or looking forward to them - rather than actual hunger.

Stay the course. Congratulate yourself for how far you've already gotten.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.219 sec, (1)