Bentonite is likely to slow down the bowel mvt ,but it is marvelous the way it grabs the toxin and isolate them (protecting the intestinal wall). but if you are prone to constipation start with 1/4 of the dosage and see how it goes before you keep going.
1 tbsp acv
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp GROUND flaxseed (better to start with 1 tsp and work up to 1 tbsp over time)
- place ingredients in 1 cup warm water
- drink another glass of water immediately after
- I also drink 2 additional glasses of warm water 20 to 25 minutes later
(for me, without all this water...psyllium and/or flaxseed remains in my colon/intestine like concrete!! : )
Helpful Hints for those who want to incorporate psyllium:
· Shelly has suggested mixing 1/2 psyllium and 1/2 flaxseed, as psyllium alone may be too irritating on the colon/intestine
· Slippery elm and/or marshmallow root is great to reduce the irritant effect)
- My all time favorite is P & digestive enzymes or the cheap equivalent:a spoonful of dried papaya seeds which is a natural digestive enzymes.
Start with 1/2 teaspoon of psyllium and one caps of digestive enzymes/spoonful of dried papaya seeds and follow with plenty of water (like the other recipes, 2 glasses minimum). The digestive enzyme take care of the critters and the psyllium brushes them out.
Adding ACV by the end would help restore the right ph for friendly bacteria to settle.