CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Eyelid swelling

susie21 Views: 858
Published: 2 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,404,736

Re: Eyelid swelling

I would educate yourself fully before embarking on an Iodine protocol. I thought it would be a good idea to take Iodine as I thought my thyroid was sluggish just over a year ago. I very carefully started at a low dose of 150mcg and gradually worked up to 3 - 4mg over a 4 month period. I did everything right and took all the companion nutrients plus salted water, but I ended up on the most horrific detox right out of the blue that cost me my job and put me on my back for 3 months. It's not Iodine that causes it directly, it's your body's detox pathways not working properly. I would suggest your swollen eyelid was a warning that you have toxicity issues to resolve before taking iodine in any quantity. I am now almost recovered after a very intensive AIP diet and masses of enemas, saunas etc and I no longer have any signs of a sluggish thyroid even though I am only taking the iodine in my multivitimin and whatever I get from my diet, as the iodine triggered hashimotos in me which means you have to be very careful with iodine. Even now I still have some signs of lymphatic congestion after a year of intense work so I personally will not increase my iodine intake until I am absolutely certain my liver/lymph/kidneys/bowel etc can handle the detox. There are numerous very good books you can read first, and certainly get yourself tested for hashimotos. There is a mass of good information on this forum, but beware of advice from some of the high dosers as they tend to encourage people to go to higher doses when they get detox issues - I do not agree that is the way to go personally unless you have Breast Cancer or some other life threatening disease. And yes you should always take iodine and selenium together along with all of the companion nutrients and salted water, you will find information on that if you search for iodine protocol on this forum.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.391 sec, (1)