CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: True narrative

susie21 Views: 894
Published: 33 months ago

This is a reply to # 2,406,324

Re: True narrative

From the link you posted:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18607401

Selenium deficiency decreases the activity of selenoproteins, including glutathione peroxidases, which can lead to raised concentrations of hydrogen peroxide and thus promote inflammation and disease. Such environmental pollutants as smoke, polychlorinated biphenyls, solvents and metals have been implicated in the autoimmune process and inflammation. Environmental factors have not yet, however, been sufficiently investigated to clarify their roles in pathogenesis, and there is a need to assess their effects on development of the autoimmune process and the mechanisms of their interactions with susceptibility genes.

they appear to be stating that selenium deficiency and toxicity are a root cause but they haven't actually got round to assessing it? Not very professional of them is it.

I could say taking 3mg of Iodine a day caused all my problems, but it didn't - my lack of preparing the body first did, and you will find everyone with bad reactions to Iodine are toxic and have poor elimination routes. I've spent a year getting rid of heavy metals and improving mineral and vitamin status etc, and I see no reason why anyone would trigger hashimotos (which I have) from taking Iodine unless they haven't cleaned up first and even then the hashimotos would already be there in the background. Iodine will just expose a problem that was already there, to use your phrase it is only the messenger.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.297 sec, (1)