CureZone   Log On   Join
Iodine loading test

susie21 Views: 503
Published: 31 months ago

Iodine loading test

I have been wondering whether to get my Iodine levels checked as recommended by Brownstein. I live in the Uk and the only lab that does it is Biolab who sent me the reply below. I am not sure of the accuracy of what they are offering, as it does not seem to be the Iodine loading test, 50mg iradoral/full urine collection? Any advice would be appreciated:

Thank you for your enquiry and we would be pleased to offer you a urine Iodine test (over 50% of the UK population are iodine deficient so it is well worth considering this issue). Home sample collection kits are available on request.

A random urine iodine level as per World Health Organisation recommendations for population screening for iodine status is £36.00, the creatinine corrected level is preferred by some clinicians and is quoted in many publications that look at iodine status costs £48.00.

We now also offer a hair iodine level (£40.00) which reflects average circulating levels of iodine during the hair growth period (typically 6-8 weeks) and this averages out the fluctuations in urinary excretion that we frequently see (see further details on attached test datasheet).

Please note that we are a practitioner referral laboratory so we will need the name and address of your GP, or another practitioner involved in your care, to whom we can return our report. Alternatively I can recommend a nutritional therapist who can provide this service - let me know if this would be of interest.

I hope that this helps, but if you have any other questions or would like to order a test kit please do not hesitate to contact me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.297 sec, (1)