CureZone   Log On   Join
Do YOU want to cure cataracts? Answer: "We remove them".

tke Views: 376
Published: 3 years ago

Do YOU want to cure cataracts? Answer: "We remove them".

Yesterday, I phoned one of the biggest eye hospitals in the world, and asked them this question: "Do you want to cure cataracts?" The dialog went like this:
Q: Do you want to cure cataracts?
A: We remove them.
Q: I didn't ask you that. I know you remove them. I asked you, if you wanted to cure them.
A: Cure means, treat the disease. No, we can't do that. We remove them.
Q: I didn't ask you whether you can, or you can't, cure them. I asked you whether you wanted to cure them.
A: We remove them. (GAME OVER).
It was clear they did not want to cure them. To explore this further, I then phoned the university ophthalmology institute attached to the hospital, and asked them if any eye doctors from the hospital were doing research on eye diseases. Yes, they said, many eye doctors at the hospital were also doing research, please look at the website for details. There, I saw a list of around 50 names of professors and doctors, and the eye diseases they were working on. But not one of those names listed cataract in their work. I got back to the reception, and they couldn't come up with an answer either.  Since cataracts are responsible for more than 50% of blindness in our world, 90 million people are living a visual nightmare because of cataracts, and cataract surgery outcomes are not always good - don't you think that's passing strange?

Cataracters, let's have some fun!   Phone your local eye hospital or university ophthalmology department, and ask them whether they WANT to cure cataract.  If they say they do want, ask them what they did in the past, and what they plan to do in the future. If they say they do not want, ask them why not. If you get any interesting responses, please post them here.   The answers should be very entertaining!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.211 sec, (1)