CureZone   Log On   Join
Health effects of female genital mutilations

Philo552 Views: 56
Published: 52 days ago

Health effects of female genital mutilations

5 ways female genital mutilation harms women's and girls' health

Dr. Kenza Aden, a medical practitioner in Djibouti, remarked, "I have met numerous women who have suffered greatly during labor." This is because the majority of her patients have had female genital mutilation, which affects roughly 78 percent of girls and women in Djibouti aged 15 to 49. (FGM).

She went on to say, "I've even seen women bleed to death." “That's why I'm afraid of getting married and starting a family.”

Dr. Aden is a victim of FGM, which is the practice of removing part or all of a woman's external genitalia or injuring her genital organs for non-medical reasons. It is a sign of deeply established gender inequality that is practiced over the world and affects 200 million women and girls alive today.

Every woman and girl has the right to the best health care available. Those who are subjected to FGM are denied this fundamental right, as well as a slew of other human rights that FGM infringes on.

FGM has numerous negative effects on the health of girls and women.

1. Female genital mutilation (FGM) is a potentially fatal injury.

When females are cut, they are in danger of hemorrhage, shock, major injury, a variety of illnesses, and even death, depending on how severe the hemorrhage or infection is.

Rhobi Samwelly, a Tanzanian human rights campaigner who was cut at the age of 13, says she was bleeding so badly she blacked out and everyone feared she was going to die.

She recounted, "I was unconscious for three hours." "I'm not sure her brain will wake up fully," a woman said. Rhobi's buddy had bled to death the year before after being subjected to FGM.

When unsterile or rusted tools are used to cut girls' flesh, infection and tetanus are a possibility, with the risk being especially high when the same tool is used to cut many girls.
READ MORE VISIT: https://www.healthlifekit.com/2021/08/health-effects-of-female-genital.html

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.375 sec, (1)