CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scared all the time

marnie Views: 1,201
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 272,525

Re: Scared all the time

Great message Brad! I agree with Brad that you have to come to the point where you don't care what others think. These days, so many people suffer from Depression and anxiety that I think it's almost the "norm"....meaning that you shouldn't fear what people will think - they've heard it before! When I'm in a situation where I feel anxious, I try to make a joke out of it. I was at work the other day and feeling very lousy, and was trying something new (panic attack waiting to happen!) and I just told my co-worker if I pass out to just drag me back up the stairs and leave me and I'll be fine. She's never suffered from anxiety, at least not from what she's told me, but she laughed and said she would do it! And even though she laughed, I know that if anything happened, she would be there to help me. My point is, you are not alone in this - even though people around you may not have experienced it themselves, it doesn't mean that they don't have friends/loved ones who have and they probably understand it, to some degree anyway. Please don't let this keep you homebound - no one is judging you. And I say this not to be condescending, but because I had the same fears - and I realize this to be the truth. I have found that most people are looking at themselves and not anyone else - and they are more sef-conscious then they let on. So most people are feeling a lot like you are, but they don't let it be known. I know it's easy for me to say now, but truly, it is true. Try telling yourself that you will NOT be anxious. You will NOT have a panic attack. Do you believe in God? If so, praying is a major antidote to these attacks and fears. I have a plaque on my wall - almost my mantra at times: For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord - plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. If God Himself plans for a future for you, you can know that it will be good, and He says He will not harm you - you can be assured that your worst fears will not come true, even though it feels like they will all the time. On another note - how is your diet? Do you drink/smoke/do drugs? Are you on any medication? There are things that I've found that keep anxiety at bay (usually change in diet or supplements). Feel free to email me if you want more info. I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on tv ;) but I'm willing to be a sounding board and give advice of what has helped me if you are interested.

Marnie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.688 sec, (2)