CureZone   Log On   Join
Do I have Candida and what do I do about sugar cravings?

cicliste Views: 2,757
Published: 18 years ago

Do I have Candida and what do I do about sugar cravings?

Hi All,

I am new to the group and I have a couple of questions. First, some background. I am an elite level cyclist and for the past year and a half I have been suffering from some serious musculoskeletal problems that is preventing me from training and competing. During this time of inactivity I have been watching what and how much I eat to try and maintain or even lose some weight, which I have managed, but since then I have developed some other problems every time I eat. I get diarrhea (but not the urgent kind) and bloating (from everything including plain water!?). I have filled out some questionnaires on candida and it seems as though I might have it, but then again it seems like everyone has who fills one out has it. I should also mention that I have always had a sweet tooth but in the past year and a half I have had an insatiable, MORBID craving for sugar. I'm embarrassed to say I have (a couple of times a week!) actually DRANK imitation maple syrup. I get these intense cravings that set me on wild binges like syrup, TONS of peanut butter, cookies,
ice cream, you name it. I can control my cravings until about 9:00 pm and then I kind of black out and go to town. It is very disturbing to me since I am very conscious about what I eat, yet I give into these wild food orgies. I have "...inflammation in Hoffas fat pad consistent with synovitis" (according to MRIs) in the knees and low back pain, Depression (which I have attributed to not being able to get better, train and race), cold hands (frigid!) and feet, mind fog, moodiness, my weight seems to going up (not good if you are a cyclist) etc... I do not really understand the spit test. I have tried it many times with different results; some long tendrils and sometimes it disappears. My tongue is no more white than everyone elses. I have been to the gastroenterologist and had blood tests, a lower GI series, and just the other day I had a colonoscopy (and I'm only 32!). Everything came back saying that I'm in excellent health and that everyone should be as healty as I am.

I've read that in order to defeat candida I should start with a Bowel Cleanse like the Psyillium and Bentonite shakes and avoid sweets, which seems to be almost impossible for me. I take Gymnema Sylvestre which is *supposed* to curb your cravings. Nope. I have just started the shakes 3 days ago and I am completely bloated like I'm pregnant. I'm told that this could be because of candida.

Some other points that may be of interest:
I have not really had a lot of Antibiotics .
I don't eat beef or pork, very, very little chicken or turkey
I take supplements and vitamins (B12, B6, l-carnitine, l-tyrosine, chromium, CoQ10, l-arginine, l-ornithine, C, E, Gymnema Sylvestre and Source Naturals Essential Enzymes (I don't think it's working)
I eat tons of vegetables

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? I'm well passed the end of my rope with seeing doctor after doctor for all of my problems (there are many more serious problems that I did not go into yet) and being told that they can't find anything wrong with me.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to read this.

Desperate,
Todd

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.234 sec, (2)