CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Do I have Candida and what do I do about sugar cravings?

Grrr Views: 2,943
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 280,904

Re: Do I have Candida and what do I do about sugar cravings?

Hi Todd,

The problems you describe sound exactly like what I went through. I used to have those cravings, and would drink maple syrup, chocolate syrup, and eat an entire package of cookies in one sitting. It was like I was possessed, and couldn't control the urges . But I finally learned what was driving me to being out of control.

It was Candida ! Candida has the ability to make us crave the foods it needs to survive, grow, and spread. It is almost intelligent in the way it does this, and if you don't feed it what it wants, it will make you pay. It can cause cramping, nausea, and basically make you feel like crap if you don't eat something sweet, or something with carbs in it.

You mentioned that you haven't used many Antibiotics , and this is probably the most common cause of candida overgrowth. Another possibility comes to mind though. Do you live in a damp, or moldy environment ? If your house or apartment has been flooded at any time, has very old carpet, or has a damp, wet, or frequently flooded basement or crawl space this could be the answer. The duct work of your furnace or heat pump will likely be moldy too. Living in this type of environment can infect you just the same. When you breathe in mold spores, these infect the sinuses, and when your sinuses begin to produce mucous it drains down into your gut. This is the beginning. Have you experienced sinus problems ? Headaches ? Ear infections ? These are some of the symptoms of being exposed to a moldy environment. Of course you can develop these symptoms by taking Antibiotics or steroid medications too.

If your living conditions are what I described you will need to move or your health will not improve. Unless you want to clean up the mold problem, and this will cost plenty.

It sounds as if you are eating well and taking the right supplements. I would suggest that you also begin taking a good "Probiotic". In case you are not familiar with this, it is an Acidophyllis supplement, or friendly bacteria that exists in our gut. Two good brands to look for are called Primal Defense, or Probiotic Advantage. These will probably not be available at health food stores, but you can find them by looking them up on Google or any other search engine. Just shop around the best prices.

I can also relate to your comment about doctors. I had my go-round with them and had all the labs and tests done. Of course they didn't find anything wrong, and I even had one doctor ask me if I had thought about seeing a Psychiatrist !!!! I couldn't believe that this arrogant S.O.B. thought that since HE couldn't diagnose me that a diagnosis didn't exist ! This is just an example of the U.S. health care system and its narrow minded approach to health care.

My email is Grrr036@aol.com if you have any questions. I'll help in any way I can.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

2.281 sec, (2)