CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Constipation- Where to begin with a fast?

Isabel76 Views: 1,807
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 282,792

Re: Constipation- Where to begin with a fast?

Hi Jhan, and thanks for all your messages- they're great.

Ok, so I am not doing very well on the diet at all due to my Sugar addiction, but I am willing to keep trying and not give it all up quite yet.

I am currently working on cleansing my bowels both with the diet and with PB shakes. Since I am constipated, it has been suggested that I lay off the Bentonite for a bit until I get my bowels moving again. I am taking a psyllium shake a 1/2 hour before 3 of my meals now (giving me gas pains- ouch- thanks for the garlic suppository idea). I did use senna last night to get something going, but I know that is only a short term solution. Also, I bought digestive enzymes to take before my meals and am taking probiotics after my meals to aid with digestion. Almost all of my food is now seasoned with lemon, olive oil and cayenne- unless it needs more of a warm flavour, in which case I'm making curries with cayenne my seasoning.

Are you suggesting I take a tsp of olive oil aside from the oil I add to my meals, like on salads, etc?
I do not have any means of giving myself an enema yet, I will take a look at local health-food stores and pharmacies- in the meantime, will a pharmacy bought one do the trick for now? Probably...

I really don't know where to begin with a fast- should I do a juice fast? I don't have a juicer anyway and can't afford one right now, but I know I can either do the hollywood diet or buy organic veg juice? a lemonade fast? How long should I wait to do this fast, once I get my bowels moving properly again (I'm sure the psyllium will start doing the trick soon)?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.719 sec, (1)