I had 4 Amalgams until 5 yrs ago when I had them replaced with non-metal composites. This didn't seem to make any obvious difference to my health either way (my health fluctuated a lot anyway so it was difficult to keep track of what was working and what wasn't).
The Hep B vaccines I had contained thimerosal (a mercury derived preservative), plus it's used in the processing of the vaccine, so perhaps the source of my mercury toxicity wasn't just Amalgam anyway.
My 2 hair analysis tests reveal strongly suggest merc toxicity, together with my symptoms plus a few other incidents.
No I haven't heard of any documented cases of people with merc tox, who didn't have amalgams. However, Andy Cutler states in his book that people who are at risk of mercury poisoning, but *not from amalgam* are doctors, nurses, people who clean up mercury spillages eg from thermometers, blood pressure meters, fluorescent lighting, optometrists, dental workers, janitors, people who've had a lot of hospital antiseptic used on them, people who've had a lot of vaccinations containing thimerosal. People who use contact lens solutions which contain thimerosal, people who use vaginal contraceptives, hemmorhoid creams and lubricating gels which contain thimerosal. People who have red tattoos and people who use household and health care products containing it (of which there are many Dove soap for one).
Also I suppose if you've eaten of lot of Hg infected fish or your mother had Amalgams when she was pregnant with you. Obviously Amalgam in ones own teeth is one of the primary sources of toxicity.