CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Breaking the Candida Diet

Candida Newbie Views: 10,358
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 287,744

Re: Breaking the Candida Diet

I'm very active, and always have been. Last nite, I had two soccer games to play in, one at 7p and one at 11p. After eating healthy all day and somewhat lightly, I was REALLY hungry after the 7p game and waiting for the 11. So, I ate the only thing available in the snack bar - pretzels. My brain fog and slight buzz (I was taking a lot of probiotics yesterday, I assume they were actually winning and knocking off some of the candida) actually lifted and I felt better. Today, I'm a little tired and slight headache, but fine.

On these candida diets that are out there, I researched a lot of them, and nearly everything, save for a few constants (onions, garlic, broccoli, almonds, and a few others) appear on one "do not eat" list at one time or another. If you tried to eliminate EVERYTHING that MAY be bad from your diet, you're going to be left with nothing (I tried that the first few days, nearly impossible, and you're just going to wear your body down, which is not good).

So I eat gluten-free cereal with organic cane juice in it. I have it with organic, no Sugar added soy milk. I eat 2-3 pieces of fruit a day. I eat meat and chicken, but make sure it's all organic (this has a noticeable difference on my mood and energy level) and occasionally I splurge on organic veggie chips.

You can't follow the anti-candida diet completely and religiously, at least I don't think so, and if you do, how much are you depriving yourself of good things in food that your body needs?

I say stay away from things that are ONLY going to cause you trouble with no benefits whatsoever. For me, that's been cake. Don't ask me why, but I've been craving cake for the past two weeks now. I know there is absolutely nothing in cake that will be beneficial to me, so I can't justify "cheating" with that. On the other hand, my soy milk is fortified with some essential vitamins I need and has no Sugar added. Some say stay away from soy. I have no problems with it, so I use it with my cereal.

My advice, for what it's worth; go ahead and cheat, just make sure the cheat provides you with some benefit too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.250 sec, (2)