CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Candida may not be the problem

Johnny Vegas Views: 2,945
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 288,292

Re: Candida may not be the problem

I agree 100% that candida has underlying causes which aren't being adressed by the "cleanse it and cure itself" naive-and-dangerous approach promoted on this site and others.

The medical profession has long maintained that a healthy person can't get candida. I think they are right. Candida needs metabolic/physiological dysfunction to survive.

Cleansing approaches do not address any of these underlying issues - they merely try to alleviate the symptoms.

Of course we may have been "healthy" when we first got candia (actually we probably weren't - we just *looked* healthy). Certainly we know more about what is related to what, rather than what causes what. And candida and hormonal imbalances are intimately linked.

Then there is the question of why now. Why at this point in history is there an explosion of yeast related problems? Surely Antibiotics can't be entirely to blame? My guess is that modern living is damaging our fragile bodies in ways we do not yet fully understand. Whether it is glandular dysfunction, heavy-metal or other toxins, or simply weakening our native flora - the toll adds up.

But I don't believe the naive theory of gut dysfunction - that candida is simply an overgrowth of yeast. The gut is one part of an interconnected whole. We spend so much time treating the gut, and almost no time on the rest of the body.

In that respect we are no different to the orthodox medical profession - treat the symptom and hope the disease goes away. Some people get lucky in this approach. Many don't.

JV.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.438 sec, (1)