CureZone   Log On   Join
Iron?

Views: 1,711
Published: 16 years ago

Iron?

Hello

I'm taking iron tablets (had candida 15+ years plus), but read in a few posts here that you shouldn't take it for too long?

What is it about iron that causes problems?

I'd been feeling absolutely shattered for weeks, although there were a few external stress factors to take into account!

I do suffer from very heavy and painful periods, and on visiting the doctor he did a blood test which revealed my iron count to be significantly low. He said this was what was causing the fatigue, and I've been taking iron tablets for a few weeks and have noticed an improvement . . . but will it cause problems with the candida?

I also had hair tests performed via my nutritionist, these revealed low levels of iron also, along with low chromium, copper, magnesium, potassium - but a high calcium count. The tests also revealaed likely candida growth in the gut along with hypoglycemia and adrenal fatigue.

I was taking a cocktail of vitamins and minerals plus candida fighting products to help but after a while I physically couldn't take all the supplements on a daily basis. They were helping I must admit - but I also couldn't afford the high costs. There are still some in my cupboard, maybe I should revisit!

At the moment I'm sticking to the diet, taking MSM, evening primrose oil, iron and probiotics when I can afford them.

I got myself into debt last year buying expensive products which did help in the short term but as soon as I stopped taking them I soon went back to feeling rotten.

But as JV was saying, it is a case of trying to understand *why* the candida is here in the first place. I suspect with me stress plays a big part - whenever I'm away from work/home/everyday stresses, I feel better and can get away with the odd cheat here and there!

Thank you very much for any insight and advice.
With best wishes
Carrie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.703 sec, (1)