CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Looking for a good probiotic

J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROWíSģLugolís Iodine Solut...

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
anja Views: 921
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 292,857

Re: Looking for a good probiotic

I-Flora by Sedona Labs was recommended to me by my colon hydrotherapist. I do think it's a good product. The least expensive form is the powder, though it does come in capsules. It doesn't have to be refrigerated. The best price I've found so far was from Lifesvigor.com, and I think if you order enough of it, the shipping might be free, but don't quote me on that. :).

Also, I make my own raw fermented/cultured veggies - combinations of cabbage, carrot, daikon, beets, stuff like that. It's really not hard, basically it's controlled, friendly rotting! Here's a good website for directions on making the kraut: http://www.wildfermentation.com/

I was successful the first time with my traditional salted kraut (I used Redmond Real Salt). My earlier tries at cultured veggies were about 50/50, but I was using starter culture instead of salt. Main thing is don't worry too much about the fuzz that will likely grow on top, it's usually still good underneath. I left mine about 7 days in an air-conditioned kitchen, and I think it could have gone 2 weeks, they were still pretty crunchy. The very best pro-biotics are in food form like that. Are you sure you can't do kefir? A lot of people who don't tolerate dairy do fine with kefir, esp. if it's made from raw milk.

I'm also about to make fermented cabbage juice for the first time, I actually read about it here. Basicially you just blend chopped green cabbage with water, a few blender jars full, dump it in a bowl and let it sit covered with plastic wrap or something for a few days at room temp until it ferments, then strain and *gulp* drink the liquid. I'm sure it's not a taste sensation, but is supposed to be incrediby healing and a great source of pro-biotics. You can use a little of the fermented juice to kick-start the next batch, and it's supposed to be ready faster, like in 24 hours. I'm pretty sure that people w/candida overgrowth need loads of probiotics all day long, esp. the naturally fermented foods, and it's hard to get that in every day. I think the cabbage juice sounds the easiest.

Oh, BTW, I read with that I-Flora probiotic, it helps to mix it with something that will kind of protect it through the stomach acids - actually, I've read that putting it in a little yogurt or kefir is best, but if you can't do any dairy at all, you might want to experiment with something else.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

3.500 sec, (2)