CureZone   Log On   Join
Thrush is sexually tranmitted?

Views: 1,318
Published: 16 years ago

Thrush is sexually tranmitted?

About a year and a half ago, I had my first case of vaginal thrush. I had never experienced anything like it, it was actually my partner at the time who identified it. (We were away on a totally secluded holiday, just the two of us, a medical diagnosis was impossible). He mentioned that all his previous girlfriends had had it at some time or another. I remember filing that information away, despite having no real knowlege of the condition. I got over the counter treatment from the nearest town, which worked for a while, but as long as my relationship with him lasted (another 6 months or so) it was a recurring thing.

Once back from the trip, I learned that there are all kinds of factors that contribute to candida, such as diet and lifestyle, as this forum has been discussing in detail. I also learned that in the case of vaginal thrush, it is much more likely to occur in sexually active, hetrosexual women, and that it can in fact be passed back and forth between partners. I'm sure any readers of this forum are looking at this as if no new knowledge to them.

My point, and question is

For about the last year, I have been with someone else, and have had no problem whatsoever, despite the fact that I pay no attention to the candida diet at all. I can even drink beer! That would always make me sorry later in my previous relationship. My ex and I are still friends, and he came to me the other day, to ask if I still had any troubles in this way.. "Not since you, buddy..". He told me it is happening again, his new girlfriend now has it. They even went on a course of Antibiotics together. He hates the thought of Antibiotics .

Did I just "get it from him"? Pure and simple?

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
M x

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

3.031 sec, (1)