CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Nystatin

Views: 4,388
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 306,246

Re: Nystatin

Fighting an overgrowth in your intestine will effect candida in other parts of your body. It is not a bad thing to try to combat candida in the very place that it started. You just have to deal with an overgrowth in other parts of your body also. My doctor gave me nystatin to use for 1 month. Then I went back in and he gave me diflucan to use for two weeks. Now I am back on nystatin again because I didn't completely eradicate my overgrowth. I suspect that I will have to go back on diflucan again to completely get rid of the fungus in my throat. I am doing all this while using all sorts of anti-fungals, vitamin and mineral supplements, probiotics and eating healthier. Diflucan might be good to use when you have dealt with an intestinal overgrowth. The trick with nystatin is to not depend on it solely; if you do this then the only benefit you will get with nystatin is to keep the overgrowth under control, no improvement, and your candida will come back when you go off the drug.
This is what I did to eradicate much of my overgrowth:
I fasted for about 17 days; drinking o.j. and master cleanse lemonade (1 T. of maple syrup for 1/2 gallon lemon juice to keep the Sugar down). I also occasionally water fasted for 1-2 days to speed up the process. I know that you are not supposed to drink fruit juices with candida. I only did because of time constraints and I don't recommend it, drink veggie juices instead or master cleanse lemonade with stevia instead of maple syrup.
Enemas every day, along with Oxypowder , P&B shakes. I alternated Oxypowder with P&B.
Probiotics at different times during the day then anti-fungals and nystatin.
Nystatin 4 pills 4 times a day = 16 pills per day.
An antifungal supplement containing grapefruit seed extract, zinc undecylinate, pau d-arco, oregano leaf extract.
A good multi-vitamin with molybdenum.
And, lastly, my favorite SF 722, derived from castor bean oil about 6 capusles a day.

I got rid of much of my overgrowth, but not all of it, I am still working on est. good intestinal flora. It is a long process. And, nystatin can be a good and effective part of this long process when combined with other approaches.

One thing, if your kidneys start to hurt back off on the anti-fungals, nystatin and SF722 and drink, drink, drink water.
I hope this helps, I am really no expert and everyone is different and needs different approaches.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

3.391 sec, (2)