CureZone   Log On   Join
Need Advice Quickly Re: Upcoming Liver Biopsy

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
Cerph Views: 1,683
Published: 17 years ago

Need Advice Quickly Re: Upcoming Liver Biopsy

My MD's plan to have a liver biopsy performed on me this Friday at 9AM (PDT). What's bothering me, is that they want to go through a vein in my neck (as opposed to the traditional method of inserting the needle directly into the abdomen, where the liver is located). This is freaking me out, as it will probably be uncomfortable at best, and downright agonizing at worst.

Also, I have a mild form of Hemophilia, which has prevented this procedure from happening in the past. I do take medication every 3 days to off-set this condition. My clotting factors are being monitored by my MD to make sure that things go smoothly.

I've been aware of having HCV since 1996. I'm curious to see what condition my liver is in, but I don't want to further jeoprdize my life in order to do so. Several people (an Accupuncturist, and a Naturopathic Chiropractor) have recommended NOT doing it. Their point of view, is that it is an unnecessary risk to take (is too invasive), and what good is going through this dangerous procedure, when there is no cure for it anyway? Also, I have Genotype 1, which means that the possiblity of being cured using Interferon/Ribovirin is nil.

Any advice with regard to this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.844 sec, (1)