CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic genital yeast infection, need help from women

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Good Riddance to
Hot Flashes and More!

Nutrient-rich, phyto-nutrient and antioxidant...

More
seeker Views: 3,065
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 330,014

Re: Chronic genital yeast infection, need help from women

Hi Friendly,
I don't want to scare you (especially because you sound pretty sure of the cause of your yeast infection), but do want to stress that chronic "yeast infection"-like burning and itching is not always what it seems to be. *Not so often* it can indicate vulvar/vaginal cancer. Again, I apologize if this suggestion makes you nervous-- the odds are *greatly* in your favor that you DON'T have cancer. But ever since a friend of mine was diagnosed with vulvar cancer, I've sort of been on a crusade to help build awareness about this cancer which is still very much out of the spotlight even though it is on the rise among women under 40 (used to be that only much older women got it). Chronic redness and itching is the #1 symptom of vulvar cancer, because of which it is often be mistaken for a yeast infection.

Most doctors do not recognize this cancer right away, and the average person who gets diagnosed with vulvar cancer has waited at least a year due to gynecologists' lack of awareness. My friend had been misdiagnosed as having a chronic yeast infection by several gynecologists before somebody in the know did a biopsy. So, if you're not 100% sure where your infection came from, you might want to ask your doctor about this just in case.

Just to ease your mind once again: vulvar cancer is a very rare one, so you are 99% certain not to have it. Definitely don't lose any sleep, but do ask your doctor about this!

sincerely,
seeker

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.375 sec, (1)