CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: gagging tea!!!...

001_98 Views: 10,520
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 333,003

Re: gagging tea!!!...

Hi CJJ. I found out about your cancer by reading your story. My father's GIST is a primary tumor. The doctor's say that Gleevec does not work on primary tumors but rather, only on secondary tumors, and that it stops working after a year. As yet, although more scans are pending, the GIST is only 1.5cm and is localised. According to the various medical sources I have seen online, the tumor is classified as benign, however, they can never be sure that it won't spread regardless of what size it is. My father's GIST was discovered during surgery regarding an stomach ulcer which could have resulted from an ulceration of the GIST. As he is not on any form of chemotherapy, we have upped his antioxidant levels and vitamin intakes. And as i mentioned previously, he is on IP6 and flax oil with quark. There were complications with the surgery on the last occasion so we would like to avoid any more surgery if possible although I know this may not be possible. I think I read that your doctors told you that the immune system does not recognise a GIST as cancer and treats them as normal cells. I also read that you are using Ellagic Acid. Are Ellagitarinns the best form? I read that synthetic Ellagic Acid can be harmful. I was wondering if you had any advice as to what course of action he should take. A total gastrectomy would involve taking out the stomach, spleen and pancreas. This seems like a travesty as he looks healthier now than he has ever been thanks to a much improved diet and a cessation of smoking as well as various immune boosters. Such an operation carries grave risks and could permanently weaken a necessarily active man. I would like to know what you would do in my father's position. Your self-treatment is inspiring given the length of time you have survived.
God Bless, 001_98

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.282 sec, (1)