CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: colon cancer--please help

sama Views: 6,769
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 336,644

Re: colon cancer--please help

His principle doctor explained it to him a bit clearer. His entire colon is filled with polyps, he said thousands, although that sounds a bit extreme, but from beginning to end including the rectum. The doctor took biopsies of 5 that looked the most suspicious and of the 5, 1 was malignant, the others 'pre-cancerous'. He said who knows how many others could be cancerous that they did not take biopsies, so that is why they want to remove the colon and rectum. He now is worried that while he tries alternative treatments, that the cancer could spread to the lympths and that is his concern now...because he also is not sure if any of the alternatives would definitely work. At any rate, he doesn't even know if it has spread as yet because the doctor today ordered actually the Cat rather than the Pet for Monday, so he'll know a bit more then, and his blood tests were taken today. He doesn't know why he ordered the cat, he said the pet was newer and the cat would show everything....my brother is still a bit nervous and anxious understandably and doesn't ask all the questions. Well, I guess we have to see next week. In the interim, they are presenting it that they will remove these organs, put in a temporary 'bag' for 2 weeks only, and then reattach everything inside. I'm not too sure how it works yet...we're working now on getting him the best colon doctor at this point. Tks David. S.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.188 sec, (1)