CureZone   Log On   Join
Questions - 3 month old with Reflux

lynne Views: 1,136
Published: 16 years ago

Questions - 3 month old with Reflux

My 3 month old baby was born with esophageal atresia. (esophagus was not connected to his stomach) He had surgery when he was 2 days old to correct this but the doctors said he would be prone to reflux. He seems to have it because he cries after he eats, especially after he burps but he doesn't spit up so it could be silent reflux. His doctor prescribed zantac and I tried it for a while but it doesn't seem to help much and I would prefer not to give medication to a baby this young. He is very healthy and gaining weight well but I hate seeing him suffer with this. He is breastfed mostly but I do supplement with formula on occasion. Is there anything natural I could give him to prevent reflux?

I also have a question about vaccines. I have opted not to vaccinate him at all at least until he's a year old or two. My pediatrician disagrees with my decision but I don't want to subject his little body to this at least until I have more time to research it. When he does get older, which vaccines in your opinion are really necessary?

Sorry, but one more question - when he was in the NICU they gave him Antibiotics following surgery. Should I give him a little bit of acidophilus? His tongue is coated white and the doctor doesn't think it's thrush but I'm not so sure.

Thanks so much.

Lynne

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.406 sec, (1)