CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: need suggestions for protein powder

MrCooties Views: 3,146
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 362,000

Re: need suggestions for protein powder

>>>>>>>>>"(avocado does the brain good) I have found them to be far superior to egss for protein"<<<<<<<<<<<<

How are avacados superior to eggs for protein? They do have lots of fat...

What type of protein and amino acid are vegetables providing? Even if you are getting enough grams of protein that doesn't mean you are getting enough of each of the twenty or so amino acids that make up proteins. Vegetables have aminos but you have to eat from many different sources just to get enough of each to function properly.

In my experience a 100% vegetarian diet just doesn't provide a balanced or fulfilling amino supply within a reasonably simple and sane diet schedule. For me to get enough protein grams per day (and especially the required aminos) I have to eat a VERY large volume of vegetables, and I can bloat my stomach with veggies but it still doesn't satisfy my hunger or brain or energy levels, which in my opinion has a lot to do with falling short on correct amino acids. Added to that is my understanding that vegetarians have to compensate by adding 10-20% extra plant protein to equal the usable protein that a non-veg diet provides. And plants already have smaller amounts of protein to start with.

Egg is the scientific gold stangard for protein utilization, plus it has all amino acids to start with - a complete amino profile... so less conversions and manufacturing of non-essential aminos. Most plant sources fall short on certain amino acids which means you must eat a lot more volume plus a wide range of vegetables to fulfill that amino requirement.

Look at any protein utilization chart for the usability of protein, protein content, and the amino acid content and profile. Egg is always at the top, and vegetables always at the bottom.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.047 sec, (1)