CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Looking for an ('older') anorexia buddy...

seangel Views: 18,729
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 370,363

Re: Looking for an ('older') anorexia buddy...

hey hun...
You posted this a while ago so I'm not sure if you'll even read it -but- I also have an eating disorder- right now I consider myself EDNOS, but I go through long stretches of serious anorexia...a mix of orthorexia as well, actually, and I don't purge either. When I eat, it's mainly organic fruit or vegetables too.. but that's not very often.. maybe once every 4 days. I am not ready for recovery at the moment...I attempted once over this past summer and it just didn't work out, or I probably wouldn't be here... I understand the pressure of needing to be thin too, but thin isn't even the right word for it, because I honestly do not care if I'm unattractively skinny. Most guys tell me that I'm too skinny and need to put on weight, but it doesn't bother me for some reason. I just came out of a 3 1/2 year relationship, and my eating disorder actually played a big role in our break-up...but I've never been married. and I agree...ED's are obviously not entirely about weight/calories/numbers, etc... it's really a coping mechanism that has the benefit of being abnormally "thin"...even though it kills you in the end, hey it's worth it, right? ha. Well I'm not really into giving out tips, but since you seem to already have a mild ED, I'd be more than happy to talk to you if you just need someone to connect with. It is wonderful to have people who actually understand the way you think and why you are the way that you are... so if you're still interested & need a friend, leave your email address on here and I'll send you a message! I have a feeling that you're gonna have a hard time find someone 30-40 though, considering that most anoretics by that age are either dead or for the most part, recovered, and trying to stay that way.

Hope all is well! Hope to talk to ya soon.

-Amanda

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.com

0.813 sec, (1)