CureZone   Log On   Join
just a few more questions, thanks!

Views: 10,770
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 372,147

just a few more questions, thanks!

Thanks for all the kind words. I am still having difficulty dealing with it. The stigma is the hardest thing to deal with. As far as I know, I haven't had any real symptoms of herpes and the latest I could have gotten this disease was August 2003. So I've been living with it and apparently (aside from that one time that I took for a bad yeast infection) I am asymptomatic, knock wood. My boyfriend has been too, as far as itching and burning and lesions are concerned, but he did get a couple of mysterious fevers, complete with heavy fatigue. Could that have been from the herpes? My doctor said herpes, when not causing awful lesions, could be the suspect whenever I've felt out of sorts. Is this true?

Also, assuming my boyfriend is also infected (which, considering our history of unprotected sex, is probably a certainty), can we continue to have unprotected sex with each other? Our other tests have been returned normal for other STDs and I know I haven't been with anyone else and neither has he. He says that having unprotected sex now would be like constantly swapping colds back and forth, but I am not sure that's how it actually is. (He is referring to the actual symptoms of a cold and not the virus that causes it). And I suspect that people are always swapping colds back and forth and that we don't really catch them so much as a weakened immune system releases what was already hidden in our bodies to begin with. Am I right? Or do we need to start using condoms?

Sigh. This is has been very traumatic for us both. But my baby is a good guy and says we just have to keep moving forward. I agree with him, but it's hard for me (and is harder for him).

Thanks for any info.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.734 sec, (1)