CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How soon can you test accurately?

Views: 2,049
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 372,860

Re: How soon can you test accurately?

Actually, if my understanding is correct, the blood tests test for antibodies that your body has created. My doctor said to wait 12-16 WEEKS after exposure/infection to have an accurate result.

I was diagnosed w/ a culture test during my primary outbreak. I also had a blood test done which came back negative for both. The doctor told me this meant that, most likely, the infection was new (within the past 12-16 weeks), and that since I think I got it from receiving oral sex from a partner who has oral herpes (cold sores), I should wait 12-16 weeks after that exposure to be tested again.

If it's any encouragement to someone who has recently been diagnosed, it's now been almost 4 months since my primary and I have not had another outbreak that I'm aware of. I'm not saying anyone should follow my example--but I chose to see how my body reacted to this disease so I chose to stop taking Acyclovir after the first 3 days. I had my chiropractor do a Jaffe Mellor treatment on me, and I started taking oregano oil for general immune system support.

And that was it. I still go out to eat a lot, and often eat junk. I generally eat healthy, but I'm not watching what I eat any more than before. I eat chocolate. I drink quite frequently. Sometimes I work out, sometimes I don't. I went through incredibly stressful finals, a bad bout of strep throat, several menstrual cycles, went off birth control and am now going back on it, and a very stressful, dramatic holiday season w/ my family.

All of these things are considered triggers, and so far, my body is not triggering (knock wood).

I am NOT saying anyone should follow my example. I just want to give a little hope that maybe it won't be so bad, and maybe you don't have to completely restrict your diet and lifestyle. Some people might need to, and I really sympathize with that, but some people won't be hit as hard.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.344 sec, (1)