CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Im not sure if i have herpes or not.

Views: 1,188
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 373,498

Re: Im not sure if i have herpes or not.

Not to scare you unnecessarily, but herpes is not part of standard STD testing--so an "all clear" doesn't rule out herpes unless you've specifically been tested for it. So, unless youd are diagnosed by culture during an outbreak, or have a specific blood test that tests for antibodies to HSV-1 and HSV-2, you will not know for sure.

If you want to be sure, you should go to your doctor and get the blood test done. Explain to them your symptoms, and ask for the blood test.

A caveat: if this is a recent infection (less than 12-16 weeks), the blood test will likely come back negative because your body hasn't had time to develop antibodies. Also--if you get cold sores, the test will come back positive for HSV-1, but it's not site specific... it's possible to have HSV-1 in both locations (orally and genitally).

If you've had the bumps before, either you could have had herpes for some period of time, or it could be something else entirely--like ingrown hairs or something.

Best of luck. I hope it's not herpes.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.828 sec, (1)