CureZone   Log On   Join
Which was safer? self medication or Dr's Prescription?

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
  Views: 1,719
Published: 17 years ago

Which was safer? self medication or Dr's Prescription?

Marijuana should have been legal way before alcohol. I've always believed that and still do. I do have what some call an addiction to that wonderful little plant provided by Mother Nature. However, I feel I can justify myself using it when I have seen numerous counselors, psychologists, and several psychiatrists for my apparent depression, and cutting issues. They consistently reply with a text-book answer of, "you need different and better coping mechanisms." The ones you have now are "wrong." First of all, does that sound at all supportive? Especially for a person who was forced to recieve treatment, and didn't want it. I never believed that how I handled my problems was wrong, maybe a little unconventional, but flat out wrong? Never!
I was prescribed numerous anti-depressants, both new and old, not to mention several differing anti-anxiety medications. None of which made me feel any better, physically nor mentally. The nausea was so unbearable that I couldn't eat...forcing my doctor to belive that I developed an eating disorder. Until I started frequently using MJ, I never felt happy, or like I was able to survive all the BS going on in my life. I have gradually suppressed my need for the drug, so that it is no longer a requirement to feel happy all the time. I simply use it now as a little "boost," and for recreational use.
Is this really so wrong? Congress is currently taking small steps to actually legalize MJ.
However, my doctors do not approve of my so-called self-medication. They didn't blink while writing out dozens of prescriptions for anti-depressants, sometimes without even allowing proper time for transferring from one to the other. But as soon as I mention that it was the MJ that was making me better they cringe and immediately give me a lecture on the dangers of using it. What about when I was given a different type of brand-new medication and a stronger dose of it every 1-2 months?? I doubt THAT was healthy treatment. Was that fact simply overlooked?
I was just wanting to know if anyone else had experienced similar kinds of issues with MD's, or have been through any similar type of situation(s). I do however still need to see a counselor and/or psychiatrist as required by my current job for maintenance treatment, but does anyone have any suggestions?
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Marijuana should have been legal way before alcohol. I've always believed that and still do. So I do have what some call an addiction to that wonderful little plant provided by Mother Nature. However, I feel I can justify myself using it when I have seen numerous counselors, psychologists, and several psychiatrists for my apparent depression, and cutting issues. They consistently reply with a text-book answer of, "you need different and better coping mechanisms. The ones you have now are "wrong." First of all, does that sound at all supportive. Especially for a person who was forced to recieve treatment, and didn't want it. I never believed that how I handled my problems was wrong, maybe a little unconventional, but flat out wrong? Never!
I was prescribed numerous anti-depressants, both new and old, not to mention several differing anti-anxiety medications. None of which made me feel any better, physically nor mentally. The nausea was so unbearable that I couldn't eat...forcing my doctor to belive that I developed an eating disorder. Until I started frequently using MJ, I never felt happy, or like I was able to survive all the BS going on in my life. I have gradually suppressed my need for the drug, so that it is no longer a requirement to feel happy all the time. I simply use it now as a little "boost," and for recreational use.
Is this really so wrong? Congress is currently taking small steps to actually legalize MJ.
However, my doctors do not approve of my so-called self-medication. They didn't blink while writing out dozens of prescriptions for anti-depressants, sometimes without even allowing proper time for transferring from one to the other. But as soon as I mention that it was the MJ that was making me better they cringe and immediately give me a lecture on the dangers of using it. What about when I was given a different type of brand-new medication and a stronger dose of it every 1-2 months?? I doubt THAT was healthy treatment. Was that fact simply overlooked?
I was just wanting to know if anyone else had experienced similar kinds of issues with MD's, or have been through any similar type of situation(s). I do however still need to see a counselor and/or psychiatrist as required by my current job for maintenance treatment, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.578 sec, (3)